Wednesday, June 22, 2011

And the Thunder Rolls....

I live in the glorious South, marked by tanned bodies, beautiful women, red dirt, sweet tea and....storms.

I don't know about you, but I, for one, am terrified of storms. I wish I wasn't, but the cold hard truth is that when the thunder rolls, I try not to piddle on the floor like a Beagle pup. I am hoping that this unfortunate trait has not been passed on to my children, but I think the sight of me curled into fetal position on the couch & murmuring prayers & whispered obscenities like a nun with Tourettes hasn't helped instill much bravery in my kids.

My biggest fear is that with my now having more children than I have hands, that should an emergency arise, how can I safely hold onto my sweet angels?

Hello, Moby Wrap!

That's right, my fears have been semi-abated by my putting on my Moby Wrap whenever a storm starts a brewin'. That way should we need to seek shelter, I'll just pop my youngest into this miracle wrap & wrap my arms around my other two. Like a mother hen, I am not above sitting/laying on top of them, either! LOL

But I have been toying with the idea of creating the SUPER DUPER family wrap out of a bedsheet. Yep. You read that right. I will wrap my children a lá mummy-style & if one of us blows away, hello Dorothy!, we're all gonna get blown to Oz!

After all....who's gonna protect them there from the evil apple-throwing forest, if not me?!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment