Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fear of Commitment

Okay, so confession time. I am afraid to commit to things. I don't know why, I mean, I'm a pretty responsible girl. But just the act of tying myself to something (excluding bed posts hehehe) just freaks me out. Not to digress, but I am not big on cuddling, either. I am one Y-chromosome away from being a guy! ;-)

Anyway, back to point. I have been researching the heck out of cloth diapers. I have investigated all of my CDing (ahem: cloth diapering) options & weighing the pros & cons. I have concluded that the best option for us right now will be to start with old-fashioned Indian prefolds with some adorable covers. I sat down last Friday evening & made a detailed itemized list of exactly what diapers & covers I am going to buy to start my diaper stash. I even went so far as to set up an account for myself with an online cloth diaper store & filled up my virtual shopping cart.

And then I froze. I couldn't do it. I could not *commit* myself to finalize my order. That's right. I could not check myself out. ;-) ...... Get it? 'Check myself out', virtual cart, online store.... Oh, nevermind. (at least I made myself giggle LOL)

So there you have it. As much as I want to start cloth diapering, despite my knowing full well just how horrible disposables are on my little guy's tush, even though I am so excited to start this journey, I cannot bring myself to commit. ::sigh:: Now I have to wait til our rent is paid before I will have the cash to give it a go...again.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment